Sometimes, it’s the simplest things that are the most extraordinary. Take the baked potato. It’s been the quintessential side dish of the Western world since the Vikings landed, or something like that, and we still can’t get enough. Then, some genius decided to make a bunch of slices in the potato before baking, and VOILA, the standby becomes a stand out. Whoever or whatever Hasselback is…I like it…I like it a lot.
Garlic Butter Hasselback Potato
Vegan Butter (roughly 1 tbsp per potato)
Coarse sea salt or kosher salt
Mixed herbs (Italian seasoning) or spices of your choice
Minced garlic (1/2 tsp per potato)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Slice potatoes in 1/8 inch slices, careful not to slice through to the bottom!
3. In a small bowl, combine butter and garlic and slather mixture over potatoes. Try and squeeze a bit in between slices if you can.
4. Arrange potatoes in a baking dish and dust with mixed herbs and salt
5. Bake in preheated oven for an hour and 10 minutes, or until outside is crispy and inside is tender.