Whether you’re the gifter or the receiver, holiday shopping is difficult. The “most wonderful time of the year” can easily become fraught with anxiety over choosing the perfect gift. Many people say, “You can never go wrong with food,” and that’s especially true for vegans, as long as you know what to get. Whether you’re a vegan buying for a fellow veghead or an omnivore just trying not to ruin Christmas/Hanukkah/Festivus, here are ten delicious gift options for that special vegan foodie in your life.
1. Raw Vegan Basket from Well Baskets $65.00 For the raw vegan foodie (perhaps the most difficult vegan to shop for), this is a yummy, healthful, and simple gift solution. Filled with raw cookies, kale chips, and truffles, it’s the perfect combination of salty and sweet. Although the weather outside may be frightful, you don’t need any heat to make this gift basket delightful.
2. Vegan Cuts Snack Box $19.95/month Many vegans already have a Vegan Cuts Snack Box subscription, but would you or a friend be mad if someone bought you a second one? No. (The answer is always no.) This is a time when seeing double would be totally awesome.
3. Vegan Wine Sampler from Organic Wine Company $44.99 This one goes out to all my winos. First of all, any wine sampler is the perfect gift for any occasion. A wine sampler whose clarifying process is 100% vegan, however, is the icing on the cake. These three wines are great to bring to a holiday party as a host/hostess gift or to stash under a tree for later enjoyment on Christmas Day.
4. Sjaak’s Organic Chocolate Boxes $13.50 No matter what your vegan foodie (or yourself) loves about the holidays, Sjaak’s has a chocolate sampler for them. The Reindeer box is filled with nuts and chews, while the Snowman box is peanut butter and chocolate heaven. Sjaak’s also offers Snowballs, a Holiday Truffle box, and even a Santa filled with gummies! All of these chocolate choices are festive, organic, and, of course, vegan. It may be difficult to pick just one for your favorite vegan, but don’t worry, you can’t go wrong.
5. Cookie Sampler from Allison’s Gourmet $32.00Just ask Santa— nothing says “Merry Christmas” like a pile of cookies. When those cookies are vegan and wheat-free, it’s an even happier holiday. Allison’s Gourmet doesn’t just offer an awesome vegan cookie sampler, they also have a vast assortment of vegan chocolates, including amazing gift sets and baskets. You can even customize your own to fit the specific tastes of your favorite foodie!
6. Vegan Cheese Sampler from Dr. Cow $85.00
You and your friends will go nuts for these nut-based cheeses. Containing six different vegan cheeses from cashew cream cheese to aged macadamia and hemp cheese, this set will tickle the taste buds of even the most adventurous vegan. Pair this with the vegan wine sampler and you’ve got the perfect way to spend a night in during this chilly season.
7. PlantFusion Protein Sampler Pack $5.00
For the green smoothie enthusiast, there’s no better gift than another reason to play with their blender. This sample pack is only $5, but it contains one packet each of Vanilla Bean, Chocolate, Chocolate Raspberry, and Unflavored flavors. A healthy gift like these protein powders will help vegans refuel and refocus if they just happen to overindulge in foodie fun this season.
8. Just A Basket of Good from Just Good Chocolate $49.95
There’s nothing better than sipping a delicious cup of hot cocoa to warm up during the holiday season. Unfortunately, many hot cocoa mixes are not vegan. Just Good Chocolate’s mixes are completely vegan, and two of them, the Mug O’ Love Hot Cocoa and Just Cocoa, are featured in this luscious gift basket. Besides the hot chocolate mixes, three different kinds of “Nibblers” and Better World Brownies mix are also included. This gift was made for the vegan who wants to drink, bake, and simply eat tons of chocolate!
If your vegan foodie also happens to be a health nut, a dried fruit and nut gift is the perfect way to indulge their sweet tooth naturally. Besides natural sugar from the fruit, the nuts are full of protein and healthy fats.
10. Vegan Gingerbread House Kit from TheCupcakeMint $30.00 This may be the ultimate gift for the vegan foodie, entertaining both the taste buds and the mind. You’ll be instantly transported to holidays past as you recreate a classic childhood favorite. Whether your foodie’s gingerbread house looks as perfect as this one or turns out more unconventionally decorated, there’s no doubt every inch of it will be delicious.
Happy holidays, and get gifting!