By: Michelle Siriani, iEG Contributor
Lemon is ohhh so refreshing and a reminder that Spring is on its way! I love simple dishes like this. It’s perfect for the single vegan or for a family of four. This recipe can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled – it’s totally easy. Just a few ingredients, most of which you already have in your kitchen. Toss in some fresh herbs of your choice and enjoy.
Lemon – “Parmesan” Spaghetti with Crushed Red Pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes| Cook Time: 15 minutes| Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads garlic, minced
- 3 sticks vegan butter
- 3 cups vegan parmesan (Go Veggie)
- 2 lb. whole grain spaghetti, cooked. Plus 2 cups pasta cooking water
- 3 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- Pinch salt to taste
- *optional – add chives, parsley or basil*
In a large nonstick sauce pan add evoo and sauté garlic until soft. Add the butter, 2 ½ cups Parmesan, with 2 cups hot pasta over medium heat. Add hot pasta, zest, juice and pepper. Toss until coated; season. Top with remaining Parmesan.