Juliet Freudman, iEG contributor
Happy Hump Day!
Normally Wednesdays are the toughest day of the week – you’ve lost your rejuvenation from last weekend and you’re not quite close enough to next weekend to feel pumped up. Except today is not like those other boring Wednesdays because you have St. Patrick’s Day to look forward to celebrating tomorrow!
And if you’re going to be celebrating like the Irish do…
…then it’s definitely a good idea to take advantage of our Wellness Wednesday recipe: this St. Patty’s Day-Inspired Shake!
Serving: 1 shake | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Calories: 190
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (best to use higher fat non-dairy milk)
- 1 cup non-dairy milk ice cubes (Almond milk and soy milk work, or try coconut milk for a creamier texture!)
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1/2 tsp organic matcha
- 1/4 tsp organic peppermint extract
- optional: fresh mint, DIY coconut whip or rice or soy whip to taste
- A few hours ahead of time, freeze your fave non-dairy milk into ice cubes.
- Once you have all the ingredients in a blender you blend until smooth!
- Garnish with fresh mint and coconut whip to taste.
When you know you’ll be drinking like the Irish, a refreshing, mint shake will cleanse and prepare your body.
Happy St. Patty’s Day!
Juliet Freudman is a freshman at Northwestern’s Medill School of Journalism who can be found eating chocolate when she’s not dreaming of Paris!