Watch Chef Ayinde make these Fall Flapjacks with Apple Raisin-Coconut Compote on Facebook Live #FoodPornProducerShow 😎
- 1 cup fine cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 vegan egg (I use ener-g brand)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup medium fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Combine all dry ingredients for flapjacks in one bowl. In a separate bowl mix together all wet ingredients. Combine wet and dry ingredients in large bowl and mix until fully incorporated. The batter should be thin enough to pour and thick enough to scoop.
- In a cast iron skillet or griddle over medium high heat scoop in flapjacks using 1/3 cup scoops.
- Cook flapjacks and set aside on cookie sheet until ready to serve.
- In a separate skillet over medium high heat combine apples, butter, coconut milk (Reserve half coconut milk) and sauté for approximately 3 to 5 minutes on medium.
- Add raisins mix well and as the mystery begins to reduce remove from flame and deglaze with remaining coconut milk.
- Serve over hot flapjacks optional add additional maple syrup.