Watch Chef Ayinde make this deconstructed shepherd’s pie with roasted yams on Facebook live #FoodPornProducerShow 😎 ===================================
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup red onion small dice
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 cup diced carrots
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage minced
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored soy milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Worchester sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 roasted yams
- In your favorite skillet over medium high heat, heat oil until hot and shimmering.
- Sauté red onions and carrots for approximately three minutes, add sage and garlic.
- Continue to sauté on medium low for approximately one minute.
- Add lentils for additional 3 to 5 minutes then add soy milk continue to sauté on low.
- Add soy sauce, Worchester sauce and salt to taste.
- Split yam leaving skin on and fill with lentils top with green onions and minced sage.
- Serve hot.