Watch Ayinde make this first of the Seasonal Pot Pie on Facebook live #FoodPornProducerShow 😎
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cups honey nut or butternut squash Cubed
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1/2 cup red pepper diced
- 1 large jalapeño, small dice
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms small dice
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water or vegetable stock
Use one pie crust recipe either from my book or your personal fave.
Preheat oven to 400°
In a large skillet over medium high heat heat oil into a hot and shivering, add tofu sauté for approximately five minutes stirring frequently add squash sauté for additional 5 to 7 minutes till tofu is brown and squash is softened.
Add sage, onions, pepper, soy sauce, continue to sauté on medium low. In a second skillet over medium high heat melt butter, add mushrooms, sauté for approximately one minute, add garlic sauté for approximately 30 seconds add flour reduce to medium low and brown flower for approximately 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly to avoid burning.
Once flour browns add to vegetable sauté mix until thickened removed from flame. Rollout cross and layover top of pot pie filling and the ends and place in oven cook for approximately 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown.