By: Michelle Siriani
Homemade garlic biscuits are a favorite element of the Thanksgiving table. You can bake them a few days in advance and keep them in the freezer, tightly wrapped, until the day before the feast. You can thaw them at room temperature and warm them in the oven right before dinner. These little guys are fluffy, moist, savory, and perfect for any Thanksgiving dinner.
Yield: 16-20 Biscuits
Equipment: Medium sized ice-cream scooper
- 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 2T salt
- 2T black pepper
- 4T baking powder
- 3 cups oil
- 4 cups rice milk
- 1 head garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line half sheet tray with parchment; set aside.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and pepper together in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix, oil, rice milk and garlic until just combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and combine with hands. Do not over mix.
- Using a medium sized ice-cream scooper, form each biscuit and place on the lined sheet trays (12 per tray).
- Cook for 20 minutes, turning the tray after 10 minutes. They should have a light, golden brown color.
Have a happy, healthy and cruelty free Thanksliving!