By: Ayinde Howell
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 cup red potatoes, large dice
- 1 cup sweet potatoes, large dice
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, large dice
- 1 cup onion, large dice
- 1 cup celery, large dice
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 packed cups, kale shredded
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- 1 cup sweet Bell-pepper, small dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh turmeric, minced
- 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, minced with seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 cups of soy sauce
- Optional one cup macaroni elbows
- Approximately 1/2 gallons Springwater
- 1/2 pound tofu, frozen and defrosted -cubed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning chefs choice
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt to taste
In a soup pot over medium high heat sauté your onions along with bell pepper and ginger for approximately 3 to 5 minutes to caramelize then add in Rosemary continue to sauté for approximately one minute.
Add remaining soup ingredients reserve kale, broccoli and carrots –cook covered for approximately 15 minutes at a low boil until potatoes become fork tender then add kale and carrots.
In a skillet over medium high heat add oil and sauté tofu until browned on all sides, add onion continue to sauté for approximately three minutes. add garlic and herbs sauté for approximately two more minutes add 1 cup water along with soy sauce mix well salt to taste reduce to medium and cook covered for approximately 7 to 10 minutes until liquid is reduced to less than half.
Once told who is fully braised it should have a bit of a salty taste to it dump remaining liquid and tofu into the soup, along with broccoli adjust salt and seasonings to taste and serve hot.