Cuban lentil and black bean tacos with lime-dill aioli
Serves: 4-6|Prep time: 15 mins|Cook time: 15 mins
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup red onion, small dice
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large jalapeño, small dice (optional)
- 1/2 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Albuquerque chili powder
- 1/4 cup spring water or vegetable stock
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo
- Juice of half a lime or 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced (optional)
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced cherry tomatoes
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced onion
Step one: in a medium skillet over medium high heat heat butter until hot and shimmering, add onions sauté on medium low until caramelized approximately 4 to 6 minutes.
Step two: Add garlic and continue to sauté for approximately one minute, if you’re using pepper and pepper in here and continue to sauté for an additional minute.
Step three: add lentils and black beans increase heat to medium high and sauté. Add water here and remaining herbs.
Step four: reduce heat and allow beans and lentils to simmer for approximately 3 to 5 minutes. Well that’s working mix together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
Assembly: Heat tortilla shells over a skillet or open flame however you do it. To build taco add beans, lettuce tomato onion then sauce.