- 1 Red pepper, Julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 10-12 stalks asparagus cut in half
- 2 inches ginger peeled, julienned
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound tofu
- 1/4 cup onion, rough chop
- 2 tablespoons tamari sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon powdered mushrooms
- 1 package of rice paper
- 1 package sushi Nori
- 1 package pickled plums
- One package pickled ginger
For dipping sauce:
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Suraci (optional)
Instructions: In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering, add tofu and cook until golden brown on all sides, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Add chopped onions and ginger, continue to cook for approximately 3-5 minutes.
Pour approximately one fourth a cup water into a large bowl or plate.
Take your sheet of rice paper and dip in the water on both sides massaging with your hands until rice paper become soft and malleable.
Carefully place malleable rice paper on cutting board, line with a piece of nori wrap (optional), and layer your ingredients evenly across tuck and roll like a small burrito. This can be the trickiest part but practice watching the video and you’ll get it. Keep rolling until all your ingredients are done.
For sauce combine all ingredients in a jar or blender mix well and set aside.